Me

My photo
La Paz, Bolivia
Riding a mechanical bull at the ISU Fall Fun Fair Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Dream Come True...










My absolute favorite picture of Greg and I; I think this one says it all.








Greg and I were married on July 2, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. in Bellingham, Washington. We rented Tom Glenn Commons, an open area looking out on the calm waters of Bellingham Bay. Though it had been raining off and on since our arrival in Washington after leaving Mongolia, we were truly blessed with perfect weather; the rain-laden clouds parted that morning brining sunshine and the slightest of breezes to keep the temperature at a moderate 75 degrees.

Our ceremony lasted perhaps 20 minutes; I cried as I read my vows to Greg while our families and friends bore witness to the public declaration of our love. We all walked to lunch at Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant for an authentic Italian meal replete with wine, champagne and an amazing raspberry layered, butter cream cake.











Even Miss Chicken made it to the ceremony







Following our meal, Greg and I made our way to Raven, the 42' sailboat we chartered for our one-week honeymoon sailing together through the San Juan Islands. We spent a glorious week checked-out from the reality of moving from Mongolia to Bolivia in less than 30 days. It was great fun to revisit the sailing skills we began honing the summer prior; but mostly, it was just nice to stop running errands for a week and focus on each other.

Marrying Greg was the best decision I've ever made; he's a wonderful husband and a great friend. I never imagined I would find such a loving and understanding partner to make my way through this life with. I love sitting on our couch, holding hands, planning for our future and living our lives, together. I cannot wait to see what 20 or 30 years of marriage will bring.

No comments: